Tickmill Review and Tutorial 2020
United States not accepted.
Go to the Brokers List for alternatives
|Tickmill Facts & Figures|
Tickmill is FCA & CySEC regulated and offers trading in CFDs, FX and commodities.
• Best Commodities Broker 2020 - Rankia Markets Experience Expo
• Best Trading Experience 2020 - Forex Brokers Award
• Best Forex Execution Broker 2019 - CFI.co Awards
• Best CFD Broker Asia 2019 - International Business Magazine
• Best Forex CFD Provider 2019 - Online Personal Wealth Awards
|Bonus||30% deposit bonus|
|Instruments||Forex, CFDs, indices, commodities, bonds|
|Min. Trade||0.01 lots|
|Regulated By||FCA, CySEC, FSA, LFSA|
|Trade on 80+ CFD instruments across FX, stock indices, & commodities.|
Trade on majors, minors and exotics with up to 1:500 leverage.
Tickmill is an award-winning ECN broker offering trading in forex, indices and commodities. This review explores the MetaTrader 4 (MT4) trading platform, spreads, bonuses, plus deposit and withdrawal options. Find out whether you should sign up for a Tickmill account.
Tickmill Company Summary
Tickmill Ltd is a member of the global Tickmill Group, which consists of several trading companies established in the 1980s. Today, the broker operates in over 200 countries with an average monthly trading volume of 121bn+.
Its headquarters are in London but the company has multiple offices worldwide and its clients can be found everywhere from Indonesia, South Africa, and Tanzania, to Vietnam, Estonia, Australia, and Malaysia.
Also part of the Tickmill Group Ltd is Tickmill Prime and Tickmill UK, registered in the Isle of Man.
Hugely popular due to its ease of navigation, dashboard customisation and suite of features, MT4 is the leading forex trading platform.
Traders benefit from:
- EA trading
- Charting tools
- 50+ indicators
- Historical data centre
- Order management tools
- Advanced notification system
As an online platform, the web-based interface doesn’t require a software download.
- 30+ indicators
- 9 time frames
- Real-time quotes
- Intuitive interface
- Customisable price charts
Clients have access to a range of tradeable instruments:
- Forex – Trade on 60+ major, minor and exotic currency pairs, including GBP/USD, EUR/GBP, and ZAR/USD
- Stock indices –?Access 14+ indices including the FTSE, DAX, Dow Jones (US30), and NASDAQ (Nas100)
- Commodities –?Trade on WTI oil and precious metals, such as gold (XAUUSD) and silver (XAGUSD)
- Bonds – Trade a selection of German bonds
Spreads & Fees
The Tickmill Classic account is commission-free with variable spreads starting from 1.6 pips. For Pro and VIP account holders, spreads begin at zero pips with low commissions.
Transaction fees are covered up to $100, but dormant accounts may be charged an inactivity fee. Triple swap charges apply to positions held overnight.
The maximum leverage available is 1:500, but varies depending on the asset:
- Stock indices – 1:100
- Metals – 1:500
- Bonds – 1:100
- Oil – 1:100
- FX- 1:500
A margin calculator and detailed information regarding margin requirements can be found on the Tickmill website.
Mobile trading is available on Android (APK) and Apple (iOS) devices and makes trading on the move straightforward while retaining almost all of the desktop features. Users can analyse markets, price trends, and trade directly from charts. Mobile traders can also deposit funds, withdraw profits, and use available bonuses.
Accepted payment methods include bank transfer, Visa/Mastercard, Skrill, Neteller and QIWI.?The minimum deposit for Classic and Pro accounts is $100 and for a VIP account, it’s $5,000. The minimum withdrawal is $25. Payments are processed in EUR, GBP, USD and PLN.
To make a deposit or withdrawal, head to the Client Area. Customer reviews of the payment process are generally positive.
Tickmill offers a forex and CFD demo account. The practice account is a great opportunity to test the MT4 platform, new strategies and explore additional features, without the risk of losses. You can open a demo account from the broker’s homepage. The demo server also has rich market history data.
Deals & Promotions
Four promotional offers are available:
- $30 welcome bonus – set up and login to your account to withdraw your welcome bonus
- Trader of the month –?the top-performing trader earns a $1,000 free trading bonus
- Rebate promotion – earn cash rebates on your trades
- Predict the NFP – win $500
For any issues claiming your deposit bonuses, see full bonus terms and conditions under the ‘Promotions’ tab. The customer support team can also assist with bonus queries.
Note, deals may not be available to all account holders and in all jurisdictions.
Regulation & Licensing
Tickmill Ltd is regulated by the Seychelles Financial Services Authority (FSA). Tickmill UK Ltd is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Tickmill Europe Ltd is regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC). These are reputable regulatory agencies and help contribute to the broker’s high trust rating.
Tickmill offers multiple additional features to assist traders, including:
- Free VPS
- News blog
- Economic calendar
- One-click (EA) trading
- Video tutorials & seminars
- Forex & pip calculators
Tickmill offers three account types:
- Classic –?Trade CFDs on 62 currency pairs, major indices, bonds and commodities. Variable spreads start from 1.6 pips and there are no commissions. A Classic account is suitable for both beginners and experienced traders.
- Pro –?Aimed at experienced traders. Spreads from zero pips, commission payable on 2 currency units per side per lot (0.0020% notional). Stop and limit levels are 0. No commission on stock indices, oil and bonds.
- VIP –?An exclusive account for high volume traders. Commission payable on 1 currency unit per side per lot. No commission on CFDs, stock indices, oil and bonds. Spreads from zero pips, minimum deposit $50,000.
An Islamic trading account is also available.
For issues regarding invalid account requests, check the list of accepted countries below or contact the customer support team.
Advantages of trading with Tickmill include:
- Demo account
- Hedging & scalping
- Straightforward login
- Multiple promotional offers
- Competitive average spreads
- A good range of educational tools
Disadvantages of trading with Tickmill include:
- No Cent or Micro account
- Spread betting unavailable
- No MetaTrader 5 (MT5) platform
- No cryptocurrency and Bitcoin trading
- Services not available to clients from the US, Japan or Canada
FX?trading is available 24 hours, 5 days a week. German bonds?can be traded between?00:00 to 23:00 GMT. Gold markets are open from?Monday to Friday, 01:02 to 23:57 GMT and Silver Monday to Thursday from 01:00-24:00 GMT, and Friday 01:00 to 23:57 GMT.
Opening times for CFDs will depend on their respective market. Head to the official Tickmill website for more information. Trading hours can also be viewed in the MT4 terminal.
Customer support is available Monday to Friday 7:00 – 16:00 GMT via:
- Phone – +852 5808 2921
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live chat – chat logo on the right of the homepage
The support team can help with a range of queries, from registration and verification documents to swap-free conditions, forgotten passwords and account FAQs.
Tickmill’s internal systems are FSA compliant, so client funds are held in segregated accounts. The broker adheres to industry safety standards and only offers secure deposit and withdrawal options. Negative balance protection is available to all clients.
Tickmill is a regulated broker offering the MT4 trading platform, a suite of additional resources, plus multiple account options. Take Tickmill’s services vs Pepperstone, XM, ZuluTrade or IC Markets, and traders benefit from competitive fees but sacrifice such a diverse product list.
Tickmill accepts traders from Australia, Thailand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Singapore, Hong Kong, India, France, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Italy, Denmark, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Qatar and most other countries.
Traders can not use Tickmill from United States, Canada, Japan, Bangladesh, Nigeria, Pakistan, Kenya.
Does Tickmill offer an Islamic account?
Yes, Tickmill offers a swap-free account, compliant with Sharia law. See the broker’s website for instructions on how to open an account.
Is Tickmill a true ECN broker?
Yes, Tickmill is an ECN broker and not a market maker. This arguably means clients benefit from lower fees and operate in a more transparent trading environment.
Is Tickmill available to US clients?
No, services are not available to those from the US. Traders from Canada, Japan and some other countries are also unable to open real-money trading accounts.
Is Tickmill a good broker?
Tickmill is a highly regulated and well-established broker, offering the popular MT4 platform. With decent welcome bonuses and customer support also available, Tickmill a solid online broker.
Does Tickmill have the NASDAQ?
Yes, clients can trade on the NASDAQ. Tickmill traders also have access to a dozen or so other stock indices, plus 62 currency pairs, commodities, and German bonds.
|Tickmill is FCA & CySEC regulated and offers trading in CFDs, FX and commodities.|